Change your Font in VS Code (Mac)
June 30, 2019 - 1 min read
STEP 1: Find the font you like
Play around with popular programming fonts using this fantastic resource.
STEP 2: Download the font
- Every font has a download link, like this:
- Click the download link and follow the instructions to download the font.
** Downloading either a zip or individual .otf or .ttf files is fine.
What’s the difference between OTF and TTF?
STEP 3: Install the font
** If the font came in a zipped file, unzip the file to gain access to the font-files.
Once you have access to the .otf or .ttf file, open the file and click the “Install Font” button.
STEP 4: Use font
- In VS Code, open the settings panel. Keyboard shortcut: [command ,]
- Search the settings for “font”
- In the “Font Family” field, delete the current text and enter the name of the font as it appears in Font Book
- If you downloaded more than one font weight, you can also use the “Font Weight” field to update the weight